Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Murphy's Law Strikes!


Early this week, one of the worst things that can happen to someone like me happened. My laptop died. It's funny how easy it is to take things for granted until you don't have them anymore. Now, I have that weird feeling people get when something vital goes missing, like a cell phone or house keys. It also feels a little like being stuck outside without any pants on. 
How am I to write without my trusty laptop? I am lucky that I have my daughter's laptop to borrow. But using it just feels so wrong! Where are my favorite programs? Where's all the stuff I use to help me procrastinate? Even the keys feel funny. Then there's the fact that I feel like I have to be extra careful with the borrowed machine. After all, it's not mine (even if I did pay for it). That means no sipping tea as I write or perching it on the arm of my sofa. Still, I am being as productive as possible, typing away on the foreign laptop and getting some words in here and there on my smartphone. All the while I'm waiting on pins and needles to see if Dell can fix my baby!
On a happy note, I signed a contract with Siren Publishing to publish The Secret-Keeper's Choice! Look for the hot paranormal menage in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment