Friday, August 22, 2014

Fun Friday: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna and Watermelon Tequila Cocktails




I took some chicken out of the freezer this morning, having no idea what to do with it. Chicken is easy, though, since there are zillions of recipes that call for it, and I knew I'd come up with something sooner or later. Well, it happened sooner than I expected and when I wasn't even looking. I was on Facebook for no more than 5 minutes when a friend posted a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. Way to make a girl's life easier! I love buffalo chicken and I love lasagna, so I was all over this one.






Here's the recipe for Buffalo Chicken Lasagna. It looks and sounds delicious, and the best thing about it is I already have all the ingredients. Because, really, who wants to go to the grocery store on a Friday night?

Okay, so this recipe calls for the following (click the recipe link for amounts and instructions):

Olive oil and butter
Onions
Garlic
Cream cheese
Buffalo wing sauce (I could seriously just drink this stuff.)
Hot sauce
Chicken, cooked and shredded
Blue cheese or ranch dressing (Like the recipe's author, I HATE blue cheese, so ranch it is.)
Mozzarella cheese
Lasagna noodles

Now for the drink. What goes with buffalo chicken lasagna? I have NO idea, so I chose a Watermelon Tequila Cocktail since it sounds refreshing, and I have watermelon, limes, blueberries, and tequila. I don't have any fresh mint sprigs, but I'm betting I won't miss them. Here's the recipe for Watermelon Tequila Cocktails.

Last week's choices were chicken enchiladas and strawberry rose margaritas. Both were delicious. I'm hoping tonight's dink and dish are just as good!


Copyright: ryzhkov86 / 123RF Stock Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment