Friday, August 15, 2014

Fun Friday: Chicken Enchiladas and Strawberry Rosé Margarita

Would you believe that I have never had an enchilada? How weird is that? I've had tacos, burritos, and even a chimichanga, but somehow enchiladas managed to fly under my radar. Until now. One of my Facebook friends was raving about the enchiladas she recently prepared, and she made them sound so delicious, I had to give them a try.

So, chicken enchiladas call for the following:
Chicken--the recipe calls for canned chicken, but I chopped and sauteed chicken breasts for this. Nothing against canned chicken, but it didn't sound all that tasty.
Tomato--Yes! I have a ton of these from my monster tomato plants. I'm an awful gardener. I grow stuff, but my garden looks like a jungle rather than an actual garden. Someone, please help me!
Lettuce
Onion
Cheddar Cheese--I'm a cheese fanatic lately, so I'm using extra.
Sour cream--I'm not a fan, but my oldest is.
Corn tortillas--I've been told that using flour tortillas would be cheating.
Chopped green chiles--I am using canned for these.
Enchilada sauce--I bought the prepared kind. Did I mention that I can be a lazy cook?


Here's the recipe I'm using. Oh, and my kids want to try them too, so this week's fun isn't 100-percent all about me.


Now for the drink, this one IS all for me. I chose a Strawberry Rose Margarita. The ingredients are really simple. All you need is tequila, triple sec, lime juice, sparkling rose' wine, strawberries, and a bit of sugar for the rim of your class. I had to go out and buy the strawberries and triple sec, but I have a feeling it will be worth it! Here's the recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment