Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Operation Weight Loss: Week 4

It's week four, and I made it this far, but I'm not weighing myself this week. I'm in Bloatsville and I know all the extra water weight will make the scale say I gained like a gazillion pounds, so I'm staying away until I'm back to normal. I'll climb on that evil scale and post my numbers here on Monday. I'm pretty sure I did lose something, though, because I ate pretty well all last week, minus a PMS-induced cake binge, and I got 5 days of  exercise in, including walking and playing Just Dance on the Wii.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about which snack to make this week to keep my sweet tooth in check. A fellow author recently posted on Facebook about baked oatmeal, and it actually sounds good. Just so you know, I absolutely loathe oatmeal. I'd rather put almost anything else in my mouth, but it's so good nutritionally that I've actually eaten it dry just to benefit from its effects on my cholesterol levels and blood sugar. And baked oatmeal can't be gooey and disgusting, right? So I'm trying this baked oatmeal recipe:

Peanut Butter Blossom Baked Oatmeal

All it requires are oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract, molasses, and maple syrup. I have everything on hand, except the maple syrup, so I'll have to figure out a substitute for that. I'm going to try a single serving of this, and then if I like it, I'll expand the recipe so I have some for later in the week.

The only thing that worries me a little is the lack of calorie info, and the fact that I need to stick with a maximum of 1500 calories per day. I'm hoping this recipe will fill me up and let me have the sensation of fullness for longer, so I won't need to snack all over the place and sabotage my own weight loss efforts. If that works, the calorie count won't matter so much. I have high hopes. Wish me luck!


Goals for this week: Consume 1500 calories per day, going heavy on the fruits and veggies and making sure I get enough protein. Exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment