Monday, September 15, 2014

Operation Weight Loss: Week 1

I am the queen of hitting the restart button, and here I am again. I've tanked my weight loss plans more times than I can count when a really yummy pack of cookies or a decadent piece of cake (or two) caught my eye. So here I am making my disgrace public and getting back to business. My thought is this: By making my plans public, I'll be more likely to stick to them. So here goes:

I have lost 15 pounds since I've started, despite my crazy flip flopping from healthy eating to consuming whatever crap happens to be within reach. I think it look me four or five months to shed the first 15. My goal is to lose the last 15 pounds in the next three months. Yeah, I'm tired of dieting and I want to be able to eat for maintenance.

 I KNOW I can do this. A couple of years back I lost 30 pounds in 6 months. What happened, you ask? I got pregnant with my darling daughter and ate everything in sight. Seriously, I was eating for four. The only thing standing in my way now is a crazy, wicked sweet tooth and a tendency to eat when I'm upset.

To reach my goal weight by December 15th, just in time for holiday dinners, I need to lose a little over a pound each week. Here's how I am going to do that (really, really this time).

  • Consume 1500 calories each day--proteins, veggies and fruits, limiting simple carbs
  •  Exercise at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week (more if I have the energy)
  • Have lighter sweet stuff handy so I don't give in and eat half a package of Oreo cookies (yes, I've done that.).
Here's a recipe I found in my email today for a Hungry Spice Girl Pumpkin Latte. It contains less than 100 calories, including the whipped cream. Yum!

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment