Monday, September 22, 2014

Operation Weight Loss: Week 2

It was with much trepidation that I stepped on the scale this morning. I ate well for only about 4 days out of 7, and I went a little (okay, a lot) heavy on the potato chips last night. They were crab chips. I LOVE those. In addition to that, I went out with a friend mid-week and ate a ton of delicious, wonderful crap. I'm talking hot fudge over chocolate cake with ice cream on the side and a bacon cheeseburger with bacon ranch sauce. I blame my friend (of course). Anyway, there was no hope for it. I stepped on the scale fully prepared to own whatever it said. And guess what? I lost 4 ounces. Woot. Bad me. I swear I'll get my shit together this week.

The Exercise Front


I did no, absolutely no, exercise last week and I am determined not to repeat that mistake this week. If I get my exercise in, I can afford to splurge a little here and there. I'm working hard to remind myself that this isn't about vanity. It's entirely about better health and controlling my blood sugars so that pre-diabetes doesn't become real diabetes.

My WTF Moment

I have to say I still can't believe I have to diet. All through high school and for quite some time after, I was underweight. Seriously. I would wear leggings under my jeans to give the appearance of having a butt. Even after I met my (thank God I'm not married to him anymore) ex-husband and had my first child, I was thin. My husband loved heavier, curvy women and never missed a chance to let me know I didn't measure up. I laugh about it now, but why the hell did I ever listen to him?

When all is said and done, though, this extra weight is all my fault. I LOVE food, and I am not as fond of exercise. I feel great once I get going, but before that all I want to do is sit. Add to that a sedentary job, and, well, here I am.

This Week

  • I'm starting off with a challenge. Today is my daughter's 17th birthday, and I'm making cake and taking her out to eat. Wish me luck. I can do this without stuffing myself, right?
  • I'm moving my Friday Night Fun plans to twice per month. I can't indulge myself every week.
  • Above all, I'm reminding myself that this is a marathon, not a sprint, and I have every reason to feel comfortable in my own skin. Still, I need to get going.
  • I'm going to try this recipe for Choco-Chip Coffee Cake. This is what I'm going to shove in my mouth when my daughter's leftover cake starts calling my name. It's less than 150 calories a serving. Here's hoping it's yummy.









Copyright: sjhuls / 123RF Stock Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment