Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday 7/25: Irish Cream Ice Pops

I had a delicious seafood meal and a cocktail planned for this Friday, but a rather nasty summer cold has thrown a monkey wrench in that. It started with the 14 year old, spread to the toddler, and has now come to plague me with a sore throat and an awful, awful cough. Needless to say, clams, crab legs, and booze just don't hold much appeal for me right now. I'll save that for next week.

Somehow, I'm still in the mood to make something new this week, even if I don't feel like eating it. So, I decided on Irish Cream Ice Pops. They sound absolutely delicious, and I can't wait to try them once my taste buds return to normal and my throat no longer feels like its on fire.

Here's the recipe:

Irish Cream Ice Pops

1 Cup Irish cream liqueur
3/4 Cup Greek yogurt
1.5 Cups vanilla pudding
3/8 Cup cream
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract 


Here's how you make these:
  1. Pour liqueur in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it has come to a boil, remove it from the heat. Let it cool, and make sure you still have at least 3/4 cup of liqueur once it has boiled.
  2. Pour the cooled liqueur and the rest of the ingredients into a bowl.
  3. Mix the ingredients together, just until everything is combined very well.
  4. Pour the mixture into ice pop molds (Ikea sells these for super cheap).
  5. Freeze your ice pops overnight.
This would probably work just as well with other liqueurs. Give your favorite a try. As for me, these ice pops will give me something to look forward to once this cold passes. In the meantime, I'm not interested in much other than chicken soup and tea with honey and lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment