Friday, July 4, 2014

Fun Friday: Mojitos and Pizza on the Grill

I've decided that my life has become a little too much work and not enough play, so it's time to do something about that. I usually work 7 days a week and then make time to write fiction too. And of course, I have a family that needs my time and attention. This won't change. I kind of HAVE to work a lot. Big bills, college tuition for the eldest, car payments, water and electricity--all that stuff costs money, quite a bit of it. But there's no reason I can't make more of the time I do have off. So every Friday, I plan to do something to make myself happy.

What to do? What to do? Well, this will be a work in progress, but I'm starting with trying out a new dish and drink every Friday night. I love to eat, and while I'm not a big drinker, I enjoy a drink or two here and there. So I'll post what I decide to try each week and then come back the next week to let you know how it went. Here are this week's tries:

The Drink

Strawberry Lemon Mojitos

Here's the recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/strawberry-lemon-mojitos-cocktails-2009

Basically, you need strawberries, mint leaves, lemon, ice (crushed and cubed), lemon juice, aged rum, and agave nectar. Sounds tasty! I can't wait.

The Food

Veggie Pizza on the Grill

Here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-on-the-grill-i/
It's July 4th, so I can't stray too far from the tried and true. The grill's set up and ready to go with hamburgers and hot dogs for everyone else, so this is all for me. I'm totally going to cheat on the crust. I do like to make my own, but there's no time for that today, so I'm using a store-bought crust.  I'm also adding green peppers, onions, and mushrooms--lots of mushrooms. Yum!

Happy July 4th! Make it fun!



2 comments:

  1. Love this idea. I have been thinking about integrating more of me other than my writing into my blog..

    Both of those sound great!! Hope you had a good 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Michelle! Thanks for stopping by. I'm sorry it's taken me so darn long to respond. I had vacation brain last week ;) I just thought people might like to read about other things too. Let me know if you decide to try either of these. I really liked them both.

      Delete