Friday, July 18, 2014

Fun Friday: Fiery Chicken and Apple Pie Floats

Friday's back! It's my favorite day of the week, so it's time to try something new. I hunted around to find something to tickle my fancy and actually settled on the drink before I even got close to figuring out what I wanted to eat. I'm listing the drink last this week, though, because it has a dessert quality, and if I start with that, I'll never get around to actually eating dinner.

So can you guess what I'm having? No, it's not apple pie and ice cream, though you'll see why I chose that photo in just a sec. Here goes:
 
I decided I’d better not try anything too exotic because of my drink choice for tonight. If I eat something too out there, it might not mix well, and that won’t make for a very happy Friday night for this chick. I decided on Fire Roasted Tomato Red Pepper Chicken. It's spicy (though not exotic), and I LOVE that. This recipe calls for chicken breasts, olive oil, bell peppers, parsley, red wine vinegar, garlic, scallions, and ripe tomatoes, which I just happen to have fresh from my garden. It also calls for Romano cheese, but I hate that, so I’m leaving it out. The salt? I'm skipping that too.

Take a look at the recipe here.

Now for the drink! Anyone who knows me will agree that I have a monster sweet tooth. Sometimes I manage to keep it under control, but hey, it’s Friday, so forget all that. I found this recipe for Apple Pie Floats, and OMG, I can’t wait! It’s an adult beverage and a dessert all in one. Yum! It contains ginger-ale, apple orchard liqueur, and vanilla ice cream. I will have just one, I will have just one, I will have just one. Believe me? 

Here’s the recipe.

The mojitos and grilled pizza I tried a couple of weeks ago were a success. I loved them both, so they’ll definitely make a repeat appearance on my dinner table. What are you up to this Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment