Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Writing Process Blog Hop

Fellow sireniesta Michelle Roth nominated me to participate in a fun blog hop about the writing process, so here goes:

A little About Michelle

Michelle Roth is a novelist from Los Angeles, California. When she’s not disappearing into foreign lands, or making two perfect strangers that she invented fall in love, she’s probably curled up somewhere with a glass of wine and a good book.
In her spare time she is typically hanging out with her awesome boyfriend and their two equally awesome cats. She likes taking road trips to nowhere in particular, cooking elaborate meals then making other people do the dishes, and being nerdy on the internet. 
Her books are currently available on http://www.bookstrand.com/michelle-roth.
Michelle's blog:  http://michelleroth.net/

A Little About Me

I’ve been writing forever, so having my work published has been a dream come true. My first book, Taking Chances, is a MF erotic paranormal romance that came out in March! My current release, The Secret-Keeper’s Choice, is a menage (MFM)--also an erotic paranormal romance.
As a child, I'd get lost in books for hours, using a flashlight to read under the covers long past my bedtime. I read my first romance novel as a preteen and was immediately hooked by the swoon-worthy heroes and daring, spunky damsels. Though my reading tastes have definitely matured, I still devour romance novels, especially those of the erotic, paranormal, fantasy, and historical variety.
I like just about all types of romance books, but stories that include adventure, intrigue, or danger have always excited me. If they incorporate some science fiction too, I’m even happier. For my own books, I try to write strong heroines who can fight their own battles but sometimes enjoy letting the hero take the lead.

Find my books here: http://www.bookstrand.com/suzette-rose-cauler.
1) What are you working on?
Right now, I have three works in progress. That's right, three. Somehow I'll get going with a book, get another idea, and have to write about it. The WIP that is nearly done is the first book in a wolf-shifter series. I'm so excited about it. It's a menage, and the characters are really living for me. And, of course, I'm totally in love with my heroes. *sigh*

2) How does your work differ from others in your genre?
Well, all I can say is I'm unique, so my work is just naturally different because I'm creating it. Give a bunch of writers a single plot line, and they'll come up with a slew of different stories, all from unique perspectives. I have so many authors that I idolize, but I take pride in the fact that no one has a voice or a view exactly like mine.

3) Why do you write what you write?
Well, I've been reading romance books for longer than I can remember, and I've always loved them. One thing, though, is that I have never been a big fan of the closed-door romantic scenes. I want to know exactly how the sparks fly when the characters are alone together. That's why I write what I write.
4) How does your writing process work?
Hmmm...It works sort of like this: 
  1. Get an idea that just won't go away. Try to ignore it while I get things done.
  2. See scenes from the book in my head while I'm in the shower, at the grocery story, working, driving, and trying to sleep.
  3. Sit down to write and have words pour out of me until the wee hours of the morning. Forget to sleep and suffer the next day.
  4. Try to write at a more steady pace in between working and chasing children around the house. 
  5. End up back at number 3 all over again--and again, and again.

Seriously, it goes like that for the most part. I tend to get most of my writing done late at night when everyone else is asleep. It's quiet, and I can think straight then. I'm more of a panster than a plotter, so I pretty much just write as the thoughts come to me.

And now, here are the three authors I roped into participating with me. Be sure to check them out!

Jordan Ashley
Lynn Davidson
Rhiannon Ayers

No comments:

Post a Comment