Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Post-Vacation Ramblings

 So, I had a wonderful week at the beach with my kids. Well, except the oldest who absolutely hates the beach (no idea how that happened.) I lounged out in the sun long enough to get a sunburn, even though I'm not fair, and I splashed in the ocean and made a true beach baby out of my one year old. She didn't want to leave. At first, she was afraid of the water, but by the end of the vacation I had to carry her, kicking and screaming, away from it!

Besides the beach we did the normal boardwalk and ride pier stuff. We thought about fishing, but didn't actually make it, and I slept in--A LOT. Just getting that extra sleep was a dream come true. I usually get about 5 or 6 hours, so the 8 or 9 hours a night I slept on vacation were heavenly.

I missed my Friday post about the new dish and drink I tried because, well, I didn't try anything new while I was away. Bummer! I did have a couple of ice-cold Yuenglings (okay a few) and some snow crab legs. It wasn't new, but it was delicious. I chose light beer, but I still enjoyed it--and without having to worry about packing on the pounds.

On an entirely different note, I sometimes feel badly about mentioning that I'm dieting. I HATE that so many people have body image issues, and I'd never want to add to that. I'm dieting not because I believe I need to be skinny but because I've had blood sugar tests in the pre-diabetes range. I'm at a size and shape I'm totally comfortable with now, but I'm scared shitless over a diabetes diagnosis. So... I'm dieting and exercising to shed 20 pounds and hopefully avoid that.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment